On the internet there's really no place to hide. Whether it's a job listing marking a top-secret project, or a support page to the not-yet-announced Sonic Runners Adventure. Gameloft were certainly reminded of that when their support page was discovered by a few eager Sonic fans and the news got out.
Unfortunately the support page was withdrawn for obvious reasons, but not before we could get the gist of what's coming - which you can now find on the Sonic News Channel.
There will be changes from the original game. With Gameloft on the case we can only hope Adventures will be an improvement to its predecessor.
- No internet connection required to play.
- Three different level types - Finite, Looped, and Infinite.
- Characters are now in Hero Teams.
- Additional characters can be unlocked or purchased with rings in the Team screen.
- A timed mode which ends when the timer runs out.