How DO we find the time?
This week's hot new game comes courtesy of Swedish indie outfit Simogo, which is best known for rhythm robber Beat Sneak Bandit and eerie vision quest Year Walk. It's latest, DEVICE 6, recently picked up a Gold Award from Pocket Gamer.
We said: "In turning a text adventure into a world map, Simogo has resurrected a long-dead genre with style and confidence."
This week, we also said 'hello' to Fist of Awesome ("It's full of laughs, but the violence gets old a little too quickly"), Mega Dead Pixel ("an interesting idea that falls a little flat"), and Batman Arkham Origins on iOS.
You can get first impressions of all this week's new iOS games in our weekly round-up What's New?
Over on Android, Google Play punters can now download footy boss sim Championship Manager, bottomless brawler Trouserheart, and grizzly bear slugger Fist of Awesome.
New puzzler DEVICE 6 can get very tricky at times. While Simogo recommends you "take a walk and get some fresh air" when you get stuck, we think our complete walkthrough will be a little more helpful.
Apple's holding a big media event next week. Odds are that the Cupertino juggernaut will unveil a new iPad or two. So, here's what to expect from the rumoured iPad 5 and iPad mini 2.
We went hands-on with upcoming free-to-play imp slapper Dungeon Keeper, and talked to Mythic Entertainment's Jeff Skalski about the fiery fan reaction to his game. Interesting stuff.
We also got our mitts all over Tiny Tower spin-off Star Wars: Tiny Death Star. Here, NimbleBit postulates that Darth Vader paid for his moon-sized space station by renting out spare rooms as condos and ice cream shops. Good theory.
And we have much more about Pokemon X and Y, including 15 tips, 20 interesting tidbits, an Eevee evolution guide, and a piece on the clever connection between all the town names.
As ever, these are the stories you clicked on the most this week. Dig in.
- [Update] EA has soft-launched Heroes of Dragon Age and Dungeon Keeper for Android
- Batman: Arkham Origins announced for iOS and Android, lets you unlock suits with console version
- Prepare to fight huge demons and heroic warriors in turn-based strategy game Lords of Discord for iOS and Android
- The weekend is here - here are another 5 free iOS games you may have missed
- Marvel announces Marvel Run Jump Smash! and The Amazing Spider-Man 2, and dates Avengers Alliance for Android
- Sorry! for being Parcheesi, but the Trouble-ing Mr. Ludo boardgame is coming to iOS and Android this week
- Don't expect Final Fantasy VII to arrive on iOS or Android for 'years'
- First details emerge about the upcoming iOS and Android port of Dragon Quest VIII
- In pictures and cosplay - the Pokemon X and Y launch event
This week at 148Apps, the coveted Editor's Choice distinction went to DEVICE 6, Soul Gambler, and Fist of Awesome. Plus, the 148Apps guys and gals took a closer look at OmniFocus 2 and PumaTrac. Check out This Week at 148Apps here.