[Update] Win big with Pocket Gamer by shooting, punching, and prodding your way to victory in Worms 3
Let's not mess about with lengthy introductions. Worms 3
is great, so we decided we just had to run a Gamer X competition for it.
We've given it some thought and concluded that Body Count is the game mode of choice for the Pocket Gamer
community to compete in on this occasion.
Plus, since summer is now but a distant memory, we thought we should choose the Beach theme for this community-based wormy carnage.
Sun, fun, and worms with guns. What more could you want, eh?How to enter
So, what do you have to do to enter? Well, it couldn't be simpler, really.
All you need to do to enter this amazing competition is the following...
- Add 'Pocket Gamer X' as a Friend on Game Center.
- Fire up Worms 3 on iOS, and post the best score on Body Count (Beach) you can.
- Post your score in the comments section at the bottom of this article along with your Game Center ID.
We'll then take a look at the highest scores posted on Pocket Gamer
and announce the winner at 4pm (GMT) on October 10th.
Updated on October 10th, at 17:10:
That's more like it! What started off as a decent-enough bit of competition with some so-so scores, morphed into a Wormy bloodbath. Here's the final leaderboard;
Incredi-gamer Bhavuk Jain
hitting the top spot with his score of 7145 was a mighty upset, while David Andrew Taylor
took a well-deserved second place, and Melita Rebic
nipped into third position. The winner of our special runner-up prize was Aidan James
A big congratulations to all our winners, and an even bigger thank you to everyone who took part.
Keep a lookout for the next Gamer X. It'll be along sooner than you think.*Note: could all of the winners please send an email to Gamer X's personal account with a screenshot of their Game Center ID as proof of entry.
Updated on October 2nd, at 13:45:
With a little over a week to run in this Gamer X competition, we thought we'd give you an update on the Top 3 standings.
Though there have been some truly excellent Worms 3
scores posted, we won't be able to count some of them on account of their ineligibility.
Thus, the Top 3 as it stands right now isn't necessarily a true reflection of our community's endeavours and skills. So, read the rules up there and make sure you're rewarded for your efforts.
Here, then, is our current Top 3...
- David Andrew Taylor - 5939
- Nestor Ramirez - 5146
- Luis Villalpando - 1592
The top prizes on offer could still be absolutely anyone's in the final week of play. So, get involved and you could win those Worms
Oh, and make sure you check out our Worms 3
tips for some insider advice on how to get the highest scores.
As always in these Gamer X competitions, we have some awesome prizes to give away to the players responsible for the highest scores.
What are those prizes? These are those prizes...
- 1st prize - Totally unique A2-size concept art print of the Beach theme signed by the Worms team; limited edition Worms T-shirt (your choice of Youth Large, S, M, L); classic worm medium-sized plush; soldier worm keyring plush; and a set of Worms stickers.
- 2nd prize - Limited edition Worms T-shirt (your choice of Youth Large, S, M, L); pirate worm medium-sized plush; classic worm keyring plush; and a set of Worms stickers.
- 3rd prize - Soldier worm medium-sized plush; pirate worm keyring plush; and a set of Worms stickers.
- Special prize - We're also going to give one randomly selected entrant our special prize of a super sheep plush (with sound) and a set of Worms stickers just for taking part. So, even if you can't crack the top three, it's worth submitting your score.
Good luck, everyone!
- The competition closes on October 10th, 2013, at 4pm GMT, and no entries will be accepted after this date.
- The winner will be notified by email shortly after the closing date of the competition.
- Pocket Gamer parent company Steel Media's decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the winners of the competition.