By Jon Jordan 10 January 2013
Clash of Clans | Developer:
Supercell | Format:
iPhone, iPad | Genre:
Strategy, Tower defence | Networking:
Let's start the year on a high. Supercell has released version 3.3 of Clash of Clans
, which brings in plenty of goodies.
The key ones are two new hero units: The Barbarian King and The Archer Queen.
These heroes are immortal, so instead of being killed, they will go to sleep when their hit point meter is reduced to zero, and then regenerate over time so you can use them again and again.
Both can be used defensively and for attack, so will be well worth the massive resources required to unlock (we hope).Paint it black
A related addition is a new resource - Dark Elixir.
Formed from fossilised black dragon bones, you need Dark Elixir to recruit and upgrade the abilities of the new hero units.
With a level 7 town hall, you can build Dark Elixir storage, and unlock Dark Elixir Drills at level 8.
Other new features are listed below:
- You can now build two X-Bows on Town Hall level 9
- Two new wall upgrade levels: Spikes of Pain and Flaming Magma
- Find out who are the most valuable members of your clan! Clan members now get a troop donation score (counted as Clan Castle housing space filled).
- Also, the Friend in Need achievement now counts donated troops in terms of Clan Castle housing space filled
- Stockpile more Gold and Elixir! New storages added to Town Hall level 9
- Barracks level 8 upgrade cost reduced by 30%
- X-Bow range decreased to 11 tiles in Air & Ground mode
- X-Bow ammo capacity decreased by 25%
- X-Bow loading cost displayed in the info screen
- The Winter is over! Santa Spell and Unpleasent Present removed. And it has stopped snowing!
- You can now tap and hold the Create Spell button to queue spell production