Update: Square Enix's post mentioned Final Fantasy I and Final Fantasy II included in this sale. Neither game is available for individual download via the PSN. Instead, Final Fantasy Origins - which was not listed on the sale - was discounted. Additionally, Final Fantasy Tactics (which was also omitted from the sale) was found to be discounted as well.
Earlier today, we mentioned a huge sale on the European PSN to celebrate the PS Vita's first birthday.
Now it's time for (North) Americans to share in the celebration, albeit with a different sort of PSN sale.
Both Square Enix and Namco Bandai took to The PlayStation Blog
to announce a steep 50 per cent off sale for many of their titles available on the PlayStation Network.
The Square Enix titles are all select Final Fantasy
games to celebrate the franchise's 25th anniversary, while the Namco Bandai games cover a broader range of tastes.Namco Bandai
Final Fantasy (Square Enix)
- Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny ($19.99 from $39.99)
- Tekken 6 ($19.99 from $39.99)
- Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Impact ($19.99 from $39.99)
- Ridge Racer (PS Vita only, $12.49 from $24.99)
- Touch my Katamari (PS Vita only, $12.49 from $24.99)
- Dissidia Final Fantasy ($9.99 from $19.99)
- DISSIDIA 012 [duodecim] ($9.99 from $19.99)
- Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Prologus ($1.49 from $2.99)
- Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of Lions ($4.99 from $9.99)
- Final Fantasy Tactics ($4.99 from $9.99)
- Final Fantasy Origins ($4.99 from $9.99)
- Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection ($9.99 from $19.99)
- Final Fantasy V ($4.99 from $9.99)
- Final Fantasy VI ($4.99 from $9.99)
- Final Fantasy VII ($4.99 from $9.99)
- Final Fantasy VIII ($4.99 from $9.99)
- Final Fantasy IX ($4.99 from $9.99)
Noticably absent from the sale is the latest Final Fantasy
title ported to the PSN, Final Fantasy III
which retains its full price of $19.99.
If you're planning to pick up Dissidia 012 [duodecim]
, be sure to use your savings to purchase Prologus
as well - this will allow you to use Aerith as an assist character.