We've already heard about most of them, sure, but it is nice to see them all listed in one place... even if it is a bit daft seeing supernatural karate master Heihachi from Tekken next to the Fat Princess.
Thankfully, daftness is entirely the point.
The full line-up of characters in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale reads as follows, then:
- Big Daddy (from BioShock)
- Cole MacGrath (inFamous)
- Evil Cole MacGrath (inFamous)
- Colonel Radec (Killzone 2)
- Dante (Devil May Cry)
- Fat Princess (Fat Princess)
- Heihachi Mishima (Tekken)
- Jak and Daxter (Jak and Daxter)
- Kratos (God of War)
- Nariko (Heavenly Sword)
- Nathan Drake (Uncharted)
- PaRappa the Rapper (PaRappa the Rapper)
- Raiden (Metal Gear)
- Ratchet and Clank (Ratchet and Clank)
- Sackboy (LittleBigPlanet)
- Sir Daniel Fortesque (MediEvil)
- Sly Cooper (Sly Cooper)
- Spike (Ape Escape)
- Sweet Tooth (Twisted Metal)
- Toro (Sony's Japanese mascot)
No list of playable characters designed by committee will ever satisfy everyone, but this does look like a cracking launch line-up. And with the prospect of extra characters being available via DLC, we can't help but get excited.
If you're still hankering after a Crash Bandicoot vs Spyro the Dragon smackdown, by the way, it may yet happen.
In the meantime, I'm most looking forward to Sackboy and PaRappa the Rapper showing Kratos and Nathan Drake how to be a real badass.
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale for Vita will be available in November.
That VideoGame Blog [via VG247]