It's an exciting day for the people behind the Zeemote JS1 Bluetooth controller, having announced their big deal with Nokia N-Gage. But it's about to get even more exciting.
Oh yes, Pocket Gamer has a boxed retail Zeemote, and we're not afraid to unbox it, just like all those US tech blogs do. If it's good enough for iPhone and PS3, it's good enough for the JS1! So read on for the full skinny on what you get in the box.
1. The Zeemote box. Flaming hot.
2. We're liking the dragon logo, too. Although it could be a particularly ferocious-looking seahorse, come to think of it. Anyway, it would be better with a few more flames in the background, yes?
4. Kids, take note. Of the battery warning, we mean. Although the 90-day warranty is, obviously, also important.
5. The people have spoken! Well, three of 'em.
6. It's all packed neatly into the plastic packaging, apart from that keyring thing bunged on top.
7. Does this mean you can wear the Zeemote on your belt? It could be the fashion craze for winter 2008. Maybe.
8. A closer look at that shrink-wrap packaging in all its glory.
9. Two manuals: the Getting Started to get you started, and the User Manual to lose within a day or so, and only realise 91 days later when you need it.
10. You won't be left dashing to the garage for some AAAs to get Zeemote up and running, since these are supplied. Other battery brands are available.
11. Zeemote in hand – no surprises if you've held one before. it feels smooth, and a decent size. We'd rather they made the face-plate flaming red, mind.
12. Maybe blue will grow on us.
13. Definitely not a seahorse. We think.
Anyway, that's the unboxing over with. The more important point, of course, is that we now have our very own Zeemote, meaning that we'll be bringing you a full review-feature on how it performs, and how it benefits the games that have been released for it so far.
Stay tuned for that.