Remember that story about a Galaxy S III that overheated in an in-car charger and caught fire? Well, it appears the owner of said phone wasn't entirely telling the truth about the reasons for it exploding.
Fire Investigations UK, an independent fire investigator employed by Samsung to determine how such a dangerous design flaw could have possibly slipped past the company's QA department, has concluded that the pattern of damage on the handset suggests an external source was involved.
To be more exact, the damage is apparently consistent with the phone being placed in a microwave oven and, well, 'cooked'.
It's getting hot in here
The owner has retracted his previous claims about the phone suddenly bursting into flames after being put in an in-car charging unit, and is now saying that "another person" tried to dry the phone after it was dropped in water. By, er, microwaving it.
Needless to say, if your handset is exposed to water damage and won't boot up, do NOT try and dry it out by subjecting its innards to a bombardment of microwave frequencies.