Mojang updates Minecraft - Pocket Edition with minecarts, new blocks, animal breeding, and more
By Chris Priestman 12 December 2013
Minecraft - Pocket Edition | Developer:
Mojang | Publisher:
Mojang | Format:
Android, iPhone, iPad | Genre:
Adventure, Brain training | Networking:
Stop eating that soil - the Minecraft - Pocket Edition
0.8.0 update is out right now.
As we outlined before, this latest update contains lots of extra content to sink your teeth into.
The full list of fresh features is below, but the most important additions are probably the minecarts and powered rails, meaning you can now build roller coasters.
There's also a new Creative Mode with tabs so you can build whatever structures you want with ease. Breeding your own animals is now possible, too.
Furthermore, you can cook soups and pies with all the new food types. Oh, and Mojang has added a ton of new decorative block types.
Here's the full list of new features:
- Minecarts, rails, and powered rails
- The view distance has been massively increased (check Options)
- New textures and colours taken from the PC version
- New blocks: carpets, more wood types, hay bales, iron bars, and more
- New crops and food types, including beetroot, carrots, potatoes and pumpkins. Now you can cook new soups, pies, and more
- A bunch of new items for Creative and Survival, including clocks and compasses
- More blocks and items to use in Creative Mode: including jungle wood, ice, bedrock, shears, dyes, and tall grass
- New AI: mobs are now more intelligent and you can even breed your own animals
- A new Creative Mode inventory with tabs
- New functionality and tweaks to existing blocks and items. Bonemeal lets you grow new cool stuff
- Improved lighting and fog effects
- Loads of bugs fixed
If you haven't already, pick up Minecraft - Pocket Edition
from the App Store [buy
], Google Play [buy], or the Amazon Appstore [buy] for £4.99 / $6.99.