Win The New iPad (iPad 3) and celebrate Goal Defense going free
By Simon Reed 27 July 2012
Goal Defense | Publisher:
Dynamic Pixels | Format:
Android, Bada, Blackberry, DS, DSi, Facebook and social, GameBoy, iPhone, iPod, MeeGo, Mobile, N-Gage, N-Gage (original), Other, Ovi, Palm, PSP, Smartphone, Vodafone 360, Windows Mobile, Zune HD, iPad, 3DS, PS Vita, IGDWC 2010, Windows Phone, Kindle, OnLive, Xperia Play | Genre:
Sports, Tower defence
Developer Dynamic Pixels has released Goal Defense
on iOS this month, and with the Olympics starting today it's having a double celebration by giving away an iPad 3 (or 'The New iPad').
Goal Defense is a sporting take on the tower defence genre, and sees you play as a team of underdogs (the blue team) who must hold off a team of lunk-headed jocks (the red team).
You do this by strategically setting up pitchers, cheerleaders and boxers to fight off your foes from grabbing the coveted 'Golden Bowl.'
Goal Defense is available for iPhone and iPad now, and is currently free to download [iTunes link].
A sporting chance
To bag a shiny new iPad to play the game on you'll need to help out the blue team though – through the power of your imagination.
All you need to do is to think up what would be the perfect sportsmen to join the blue team – what features and skills would they possess, and why would they be a good fit for the squad?
The most amusing and creative idea wins, so think away and we'll select the best after the closing date of August the 24th.
If you have Facebook, click here to enter the contest through the Pocket Gamer Facebook page.
Alternatively, send your suggestions to pgcompetitions[at]pocketgamer.co.uk.
- The competition closes on August the 24th 2012, at 9am GMT, and no entries will be accepted after this date.
- The winning entries will be chosen after the competition has closed on August 24th 2012, with the winner notified by email shortly after.
- This prize cannot be substituted for a cash prize.
- Pocket Gamer parent company Steel Media's decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the winners of the competition.
- Entry is open to UK residents only.