But that's what you've got us for. Kick your feet up, grab a cuppa, and read on to find out what 3DS and Switch games are on their way, courtesy of Nintendo.
- Hey! PIKMIN (July 28th) - In this new type of Pikmin game, players are tasked with throwing all types of different Pikmin using the touch screen to solve puzzles, overcome challenges and defeat enemies through side-scrolling levels.
- Kirby's 25th Anniversary - To celebrate its 25th anniversary, three new games are coming to the 3DS:
- Kirby Clash Deluxe (out now)
- Kirby's Blowout Blast (Summer 2017)
- Unnamed Kirby game (Winter 2017)
- Miitopia (2017 TBA) - A dark lord is stealing the faces of everybody in the world of Miitopia, and it's up to you to bring them back in this adventure sim. More information is coming later this year.
- Ever Oasis (June 23rd) - A new action RPG from the creator of the Mana series.
- Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia (April 20th) - Aside from its launch next week, there's also a downloadable DLC on its way sometime in the near future which offers up new maps, dungeons, and challenges.
- Dr Kawashima's Devilish Brain Training: Can you stay focused? (July 28th) - This brain trainer is the third in its series and should feature much more challenging exercises and puzzles.
- Monster Hunter Stories (Autumn 2017) - A bit of a different RPG in the Monster Hunter series. You can bond with monsters and ride, fly, and crash them to discover different areas of the map in this turn-based battler.
- NIS America - Two games are on their way by NIS America. The card-meets-board game Culdcept (Summer 2017), and RPG Maker Fes (June 23rd).
- ARMS (June 16th) - Min Min the ramen-armed girl was announced as ARMS' latest character. Plus, we learnt that you can equip two types of customisable ARMS per fighter, letting you mix up your attacks how you like. In-game currency earned can be used to play in the ARM Getter, a mode where you can win new ARMS for your characters.
- Splatoon 2 (July 21st) - Apart from a much anticipated release date, we learnt that there'll also be a horde mode called Salmon Run. Salmon Run is a four-player co-op mode which pits you against the new Salmonid species. If you die on the battlefield, your comrades can ink you back to life.
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (April 28th) - When Mario Kart 8 Deluxe launches, it'll do so with more characters, karts, and tracks unlocked than any other Mario Kart titles. Both the traditional racing and battle modes can be played with local wireless play of up to eight players, or in LAN play/online with up to 12 players.
- Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers (May 26th) - Upon launch, it'll include all of the traditional characters plus two new ones, Evil Ryu and Violent Ken. In 'Way of the Hado' Mode you can also throw HADOKENS by using first person motion controls.
- Project Mekuru (Summer 2017) - This frantic multiplayer action game lets up to four players battle locally or online to flip panels and eject opponents. More information will be released later in the year.
- Minecraft (May 12th) - Minecraft will definitely be coming to the Switch along with a Super Mario Mash-Up pack which contains Mario-themed skins, textures, music and more.
- Two Sonic games - Sonic Forces (Winter 2017) is a modern 3D take on Sonic games where you and a mysterious ally have to bring down the nefarious Doctor Eggman. Sonic Mania (Summer 2017) features retro 2D graphics and a host of new stages, as well as some classic stages from previous games in the Sonic the Hedgehog series.
- Disgaea 5 Complete (May 26th) - The definitive fifth game in the tactical RPG series is on its way in both standard and limited edition.
- NEOGEO Masterpieces - As of now, more NEOGEO classic games like Samurai Shodown IV are available to purchase in Nintendo eShop. Some future NEOGEO games coming to the system include Fatal Fury and The King of Fighters '99.
- Puyo Puyo Tetris (April 27th) - If you want to play a demo version of this four player puzzle mash-up game, it's available now on the eShop.
- Monopoly (Autumn 2017) - You can fall out with up to six friends and family members digitally later this year.
- Rayman Legends Definitive Edition (TBA 2017) - Aside from the full game in all of its glory, there'll also be a Switch-exclusive Kung Foot experience, offering Solo Modes and tournaments for up to eight players.
- Fate/EXTELLA: The Umbral Star (July 21st) - The Nintendo Switch version will come loaded with 35 previously-released paid DLC costumes, along with an exclusive new Unshackled Bride outfit.
- Payday 2 (TBA 2017) - Yeah, that's happening. We don't know when or how, but it'll be four player and it'll be on the Switch.
Let's not forget amiibos and Joy-Cons
- Super Smash Bros (July 21st) - The final amiibos are on their way as two versions of Cloud, Bayonetta, and Corrin will hit the shelves in a couple of months.
- Legend of Zelda (June 23rd) - Three versions of Link will be hitting store shelves, from Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword.
- Splatoon 2 (July 21st) - Inkling Girl, Inkling Boy, and Inkling Squid will be available. These amiibos will grant special, limited-edition gear in-game. They'll also remember your favourite outfits, weapons, gear, and option settings.
- Hey! PIKMIN (July 28th) - Launching on the same day as the game, this amiibo allows you to call in extra Pikmin.
- Bright yellow Joy-Cons (June 16th) - Seriously, you could probably see these things in the dark. Launching on the same day as ARMS, you can grab neon-yellow Joy-Cons, Wrist Straps, and the AA Battery Pack accessory.